Looking for fellow Japanese Personas

  • tiberianmagic2004
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 28, 2013
      Hey everyone been awhile since I posted anything. I was wondering if there were any other Japanese persona's in the East Kingdom. I am currently in The Shire of the Northern Outpost (Potsdam, NY). Trying to find someone close to me that might be able to aid me with a few things. I have been doing an insane amount of research lately and I have lots of questions that don't seem to come to me until I am working on something. Plus, visual aids are helpful. Would be great if who ever gets a hold of me has already done their Heraldy for their persona as it is something I am currently working on. Basically, other than reading and watching as much stuff as I can latly, I have come to a kind of a dead end.
    • Lord Ector Villalobos De Granada
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 29, 2013
        Re: Looking for fellow Japanese Personas:
        Try contacting Tanaka aka Hank Salvacion (NJ) or Ryouko'jin Of-The Iron-Skies aka John Miniver Cheevy (NYC). They would know who is closest to you in that area.
        If you have facebook they can be contacted there...tell them Hector sent you :)

        Regards

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...> wrote:

        > Hey everyone been awhile since I posted anything. I was wondering if there were any other Japanese persona's in the East Kingdom. I am currently in The Shire of the Northern Outpost (Potsdam, NY). Trying to find someone close to me that might be able to aid me with a few things. I have been doing an insane amount of research lately and I have lots of questions that don't seem to come to me until I am working on something. Plus, visual aids are helpful. Would be great if who ever gets a hold of me has already done their Heraldy for their persona as it is something I am currently working on. Basically, other than reading and watching as much stuff as I can latly, I have come to a kind of a dead end.

      • Erin Kelly
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 29, 2013
          I don't know of people in your immediate area, but have you checked out the
          Tousando message board? http://tousando.proboards.com/index.cgi
          It's a great source of inspiration and support for people with or without
          Japanese SCAdian neighbors.

          ERIN

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 29, 2013

            Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.

          • Sir Koredono
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 30, 2013
              Potsdam is a little far north for Tanaka &co; I'd suggest Sir Yoshitsune,
              who lives in Concordia (Albany-ish)

              Sir Koredono
              Debatable Lands, AEthelmearc
              Yamakaminari-ryu

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 30, 2013
                Thank you for the info everyone. Hoping I will get to meet some of you when I can finally make it to Pennsic.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 30, 2013
                  I am just running into spots to where I would like to have someone around I can ask questions if need be, and the man that is teaching me my katana fighting said that these boards would be the best way to contact people.

                  > Noble Cousin!
                  >
                  > Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.
                  >
                  > Your Humble Servant
                  > Solveig Throndardottir
                  > Amateur Scholar

                • tiberianmagic2004
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
                    I have a set of garb that I am currently wearing, but I am having issues finding good sources that not only have diagrams but instructions as well for putting together basic clothing for a male. I would order stuff offline but I am far to interested on how to actually make them:P

                    --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...> wrote:

                    > I am just running into spots to where I would like to have someone around I can ask questions if need be, and the man that is teaching me my katana fighting said that these boards would be the best way to contact people.
                    >
                    > --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Solveig Throndardottir <nostrand@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Noble Cousin!
                    > >
                    > > Greetings from Solveig! What sort of things are you interested in? I am in Syracuse which is sort of close.
                    > >
                    > > Your Humble Servant
                    > > Solveig Throndardottir
                    > > Amateur Scholar

                  • LJonthebay
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jun 7, 2013
                      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "tiberianmagic2004" <tristansoucis@...> wrote:

                      > I have a set of garb that I am currently wearing, but I am having issues finding good sources that not only have diagrams but instructions as well for putting together basic clothing for a male. I would order stuff offline but I am far to interested on how to actually make them:P

                      There are a number of PDFs of mens' garments there. I'm sure one or more of us could walk you through the basics.

                      Saionji no Hana