Re: [SCA-JML] Re: JInbaori

  • Charles Dodge
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2013
      Saionji,

      This was the main thread that got me digging deeper in the Tousando boards for other threads and how I was able to stumble upon a better spelling. It was most useful.

      Nakos

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2013
        I've also got a question. I was watching this movie lately and there is
        one guy who's outfit I like. Now since I am not an expert by any means,
        I was just wondering if he is actually wearing a jinboari or simply a
        haori without sleeves?
        Frontside <http://s7.directupload.net/images/130303/f4cir7tc.png>
        Backside <http://s7.directupload.net/images/130303/o5k7a4nc.png>

        thanks,
        Pia

      • LJonthebay
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 3, 2013
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Pia" <ti1816@...> wrote:

          > I've also got a question. I was watching this movie lately and there is
          > one guy who's outfit I like. Now since I am not an expert by any means,
          > I was just wondering if he is actually wearing a jinboari or simply a
          > haori without sleeves?
          > Frontside <http://s7.directupload.net/images/130303/f4cir7tc.png>
          > Backside <http://s7.directupload.net/images/130303/o5k7a4nc.png>

          Close - it's the pre-cursor to the haori, the dobuku. Some had sleeves, some didn't, and they were part of a samurai's day-wear in the 16th century.

          http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/graphics/garbphotos/dobuku_sugata.jpg shows some examples.

          Saionji Shonagon