Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Looking for Japanese SCA groups in northern Georgia

    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 30, 2012

      Greetings from Solveig! Modern wide obis are pretty much a creature of the Edo period and are largely post-period. As for reserved colors. White is the only officially reserved belt color in the Society. People may also get their noses bent over yellow and green and even blue. For that matter, I once had someone confuse a brown belt for a yellow belt. Unfortunately, white is the standard color for himo and obi for a variety of historical garments. Here is a web page you should know about: http://www.iz2.or.jp/english/ and check out the Costume History in Japan. The web site is for the Costume Museum in Kyoto. Basically, you can sort of go window shopping for clothing via this site.

    • Katashi Itto
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2013
        Hi, we have a several individuals here in New Orleans and Gulfport.    We created the Black Lotus clan.   A household, your more than welcome.

        Katashi Itto

        -Black Lotus Clan

        Kendo in slow motion

      • wildcrimsonsky
        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 5, 2013
          Wow, that's more craft than I have time for. However, I would like to discuss fabric dying and block printing and your sewing of garments. Mall of GA sounds good, let me check with the boss (wife) and see what weekend would be good. Do you have a preference?

          Best Regards,
          Sven Larsson
          (Eyler Larson)