Re: [SCA-JML] Groups of Japanese Reenactors in Eastern Pennsylvania Area?

  • Sir Koredono
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2012
      On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

      > On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Kevin <sixteenthlwfd@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Good evening everyone. I've been lurking for a while reading the various
      > > articles and perusing the links here and figured I would post a search for
      > > fellow Japanese Historical Reenactors in or around my general area.
      > >
      > > I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and would love to know if there
      > > were any groups devoted to Japanese historical reenactment (anywhere from
      > > 1100's to 1600's or even later into the Edo era) groups within traveling
      > > distance that got together for events or anything.
      > >

      > Mokurai-bozu and his wife live in the general vicinity, though I know that
      > they have been digging into other areas of the world, of late. You may
      > also find members of Clan Yamakaminari in the area.

      AFAIK there are no members of Yamakaminari in the Philly area; the
      closest you get is myself and others in Pittsburgh, and Sir Yoshitsune
      and his folks in Albany (though I think he has a squire in NYC).
      Sorry we aren't able to be more geographically available to assist.

      But thanks for the props, Ii. :)

      > This is one place to find them, but you may also want to try posting to
      > http://tousando.proboards.com to see if you can flush out others.
      >
      > -Ii Katsumori

      Sir Koredono