Re: [SCA-JML] Groups of Japanese Reenactors in Eastern Pennsylvania Area?

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2012
      On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Kevin <sixteenthlwfd@...> wrote:

      > Good evening everyone. I've been lurking for a while reading the various
      > articles and perusing the links here and figured I would post a search for
      > fellow Japanese Historical Reenactors in or around my general area.
      >
      > I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and would love to know if there
      > were any groups devoted to Japanese historical reenactment (anywhere from
      > 1100's to 1600's or even later into the Edo era) groups within traveling
      > distance that got together for events or anything.

      Mokurai-bozu and his wife live in the general vicinity, though I know that
      they have been digging into other areas of the world, of late. You may
      also find members of Clan Yamakaminari in the area.

      This is one place to find them, but you may also want to try posting to
      http://tousando.proboards.com to see if you can flush out others.

      -Ii Katsumori

    • Sir Koredono
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 27, 2012
        On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

        > On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Kevin <sixteenthlwfd@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Good evening everyone. I've been lurking for a while reading the various
        > > articles and perusing the links here and figured I would post a search for
        > > fellow Japanese Historical Reenactors in or around my general area.
        > >
        > > I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and would love to know if there
        > > were any groups devoted to Japanese historical reenactment (anywhere from
        > > 1100's to 1600's or even later into the Edo era) groups within traveling
        > > distance that got together for events or anything.
        > >

        > Mokurai-bozu and his wife live in the general vicinity, though I know that
        > they have been digging into other areas of the world, of late. You may
        > also find members of Clan Yamakaminari in the area.

        AFAIK there are no members of Yamakaminari in the Philly area; the
        closest you get is myself and others in Pittsburgh, and Sir Yoshitsune
        and his folks in Albany (though I think he has a squire in NYC).
        Sorry we aren't able to be more geographically available to assist.

        But thanks for the props, Ii. :)

        > This is one place to find them, but you may also want to try posting to
        > http://tousando.proboards.com to see if you can flush out others.
        >
        > -Ii Katsumori

        Sir Koredono