Groups of Japanese Reenactors in Eastern Pennsylvania Area?

  • Kevin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 26, 2012
      Good evening everyone. I've been lurking for a while reading the various articles and perusing the links here and figured I would post a search for fellow Japanese Historical Reenactors in or around my general area.

      I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and would love to know if there were any groups devoted to Japanese historical reenactment (anywhere from 1100's to 1600's or even later into the Edo era) groups within traveling distance that got together for events or anything.

      I currently am studying swordsmanship at a local dojo and have always had a great interest in Japanese history (in particular the Samurai) and am a reenactor of the US Civil War (civilian side of it), used to do WWII as a USGI, and would love to turn my passion for Japanese history and culture into a reenacting experience as well.

      Thanks for your time and best regards,

      Kevin
    • JL Badgley
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 26, 2012
        On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Kevin <sixteenthlwfd@...> wrote:

        > Good evening everyone. I've been lurking for a while reading the various
        > articles and perusing the links here and figured I would post a search for
        > fellow Japanese Historical Reenactors in or around my general area.
        >
        > I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and would love to know if there
        > were any groups devoted to Japanese historical reenactment (anywhere from
        > 1100's to 1600's or even later into the Edo era) groups within traveling
        > distance that got together for events or anything.

        Mokurai-bozu and his wife live in the general vicinity, though I know that
        they have been digging into other areas of the world, of late. You may
        also find members of Clan Yamakaminari in the area.

        This is one place to find them, but you may also want to try posting to
        http://tousando.proboards.com to see if you can flush out others.

        -Ii Katsumori

      • Sir Koredono
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 27, 2012
          On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:57 PM, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

          > On Wed, Dec 26, 2012 at 10:06 PM, Kevin <sixteenthlwfd@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Good evening everyone. I've been lurking for a while reading the various
          > > articles and perusing the links here and figured I would post a search for
          > > fellow Japanese Historical Reenactors in or around my general area.
          > >
          > > I live just outside of Philadelphia, PA and would love to know if there
          > > were any groups devoted to Japanese historical reenactment (anywhere from
          > > 1100's to 1600's or even later into the Edo era) groups within traveling
          > > distance that got together for events or anything.
          > >

          > Mokurai-bozu and his wife live in the general vicinity, though I know that
          > they have been digging into other areas of the world, of late. You may
          > also find members of Clan Yamakaminari in the area.

          AFAIK there are no members of Yamakaminari in the Philly area; the
          closest you get is myself and others in Pittsburgh, and Sir Yoshitsune
          and his folks in Albany (though I think he has a squire in NYC).
          Sorry we aren't able to be more geographically available to assist.

          But thanks for the props, Ii. :)

          > This is one place to find them, but you may also want to try posting to
          > http://tousando.proboards.com to see if you can flush out others.
          >
          > -Ii Katsumori

          Sir Koredono