Re: japanese name structure

  • Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 20, 2012
      tiberianmagic2004 wrote:
      > What references did you use for finding your name, if you understand
      > what i mean? I just need info on how I am going to be able to
      > document my name so it can pass

      I did not pick a name first and then start researching. I used the SengokuDaimyo web site as a reference to choose a name, and the Naming Conventions in Medieval Japan book to refine and document it. If you pick your name from a list of names that has already been researched, you will have far fewer problems.

      The household I am in camps at Pennsic with the same group as Lady Solveig, and she was kind enough to help me utilize the NCMJ and fill out my submission forms.

      It still took about a year for the paperwork to be processed by the perennially overworked volunteers in the College of Heralds, but there were no difficulties.

      --
      The Hon. Lord Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
      (m.k.a. Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans)