Re: [SCA-JML] Digest Number 231

  • Don Walli
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 31, 2000
      Ogami-sensei,

      While I can't speak for those who talked about starting up something similar
      (Hiraizumi-sensei
      in particular), I'm very excited about the whole idea and I'm already planning
      to make time for
      the festivities. Now, if I can just get my armour looking like gusoku and not
      gomi...

      On a related note, how many people would be inclined to get together at
      Pennsic to enjoy a few
      hours of each other's company and a few liters of my sake? I can't claim to
      have brewed it my-
      self (not yet, anyway) but Iusually bring a few liters of a decent nigori
      genshu ('unfiltered' sake,
      usually Momokawa) and a few liters of Shirayuki. Perhaps we could also bring
      snacks?
      Put it on after the tourney or other activities? My goal for this idea is
      simply to get to know a
      few more of the members of this august company. And it wouldn't hurt to find a
      couple of
      other people who might appreciate sake as more than a novelty. ;-)

      Kamiizumi Munenori

      sca-jml@egroups.com wrote:

      > Message: 2
      > Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 22:24:52 -0000
      > From: OgamiAkira@...
      > Subject: Japanese tourney at Pennsic
      >
      > Would anyone have any objections to me putting things in motion to
      > have a Japanese "field day" at the war? This wasn't my idea, and I
      > don't want to step on anyone's toes.
    • M & A
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 31, 2000
        An outstanding idea!

        If all goes well and I get my calendar clear I would be pleased to enjoy
        that fine sake with you!

        Mori Ieyasu

      • wcbooth@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 31, 2000
          --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, "M & A" <autiec@h...> wrote:
          > An outstanding idea!
          >
          > If all goes well and I get my calendar clear I would be pleased to
          enjoy
          > that fine sake with you!
          >
          > Mori Ieyasu

          Sugoi! that sounds like a wonderful idea... and i (hopefully) will be
          able to bring a few bottles of my own humble brew.... as long as i
          can get it across the border....

          Nobumitsu..

          P.S. there will be a few recipes up on the site, as well as a
          treatise on sake brewing...
        • michael A
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
            id love to enjoy some sake with people who appreciate
            its qualities.
            Has anyone propsed a day for the tourney?? It would
            be good to now when we are talking about before we
            start looking at other activities.
            -kiyohara

            http://photos.yahoo.com/
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
              Don Walli wrote:

              > On a related note, how many people would be inclined to get together at
              > Pennsic to enjoy a few
              > hours of each other's company and a few liters of my sake?

              Ah, damn. It's so hard to try to be dignified when you're waving your hands like
              a loon, drooling, and shouting "me! Me!!"

              > I can't claim to
              > have brewed it my-
              > self (not yet, anyway) but Iusually bring a few liters of a decent nigori
              > genshu ('unfiltered' sake,
              > usually Momokawa) and a few liters of Shirayuki. Perhaps we could also bring
              > snacks?

              If we can get a rice cooker there, it might be nice to make a few dozen onigiri
              and grill 'em up and sit around eating riceballs and drinking ricebooze.

              > Put it on after the tourney or other activities?

              I think we should have the drinking *before* the tourney. Could make things a
              *lot* more interesting. <G>

              > My goal for this idea is
              > simply to get to know a
              > few more of the members of this august company. And it wouldn't hurt to find a
              > couple of
              > other people who might appreciate sake as more than a novelty. ;-)

              Well, as a confirmed sakejunkie, I'm game.

              Effingham
            • GrimShieldsson
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
                >> I can't claim to
                >> have brewed it my-
                >> self (not yet, anyway) but Iusually bring a few liters of a decent nigori
                >> genshu ('unfiltered' sake,
                >> usually Momokawa) and a few liters of Shirayuki. Perhaps we could also
                bring
                >> snacks?

                >If we can get a rice cooker there, it might be nice to make a few dozen
                onigiri
                >and grill 'em up and sit around eating riceballs and drinking ricebooze.

                And we could ride rice rockets... and rice burners and ride
                rice-a-pony's... yeah yeah yeah.

                ***** FEET DON"T FAIL ME NOW!!!!! ************
                :)