Period Autumn Poetry

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 16, 2012
      Hello,

      It has been sometime since I last shared a bit of period poetry. My life has been in a very negative state, and so tonight I decided to find my inner calm by reading and reviewing some period poetry. Specifically, I wanted to share some period poems about autumn.

      "When the evening comes
      From the rice leaves at my gate
      Gentle knocks are heads;
      And, into my round rush-hut,
      Autumn's roaming breeze makes way." -Tsunenobu (1016-1097ad, a statesman, calligrapher, and musician.

      "In my loneliness
      From my humble home gone forth,
      When I looked around
      Everywhere it was the same;-
      One lone, darkening autumn eve." - Ryozen, a priest who lived in the 11th century.

      "To the humble cot,
      Overgrown with thick-leaved vines
      In its loneliness,
      Comes the dreary autumn time;-
      And not even man is there." -Ekei, a priest who lived in the second half of the 12th century.

      Read, reflect, and find depth in the words of those who came before us. If you need sources for the poems let me know, and I will be happy to share.

      -Lady Kimiko, of the Red Spears