Re: [SCA-JML] Fabric

  • the.lady.phoenix@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 9, 2012
      I know it wasn't (wool) used often in Japan, however it is available
      over here more regularly then the others or is substantially less
      expensive. Plus I was just grabbing a couple of fabrics I'm more used
      to sewing and their properties. I agree your list is more authentic,
      sadly we often have to go with what we can find/afford :(

      Ai

      > Noble Cousins!
      >
      > Greetings from Solveig! I don't believe that wool was regularly used in
      > Japan. Consider using hemp, linen, ramie, silk, or cotton for that matter.
      > Japanese clothing can be quite warm.
      >
      > Your Humble Servant
      > Solveig Throndardottir
      > Amateur Scholar

    • Angela
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 10, 2012
        thanks again everyone, this helps a lot.

        sadly i live in LA so wouldnt be able to meet up with you.
        but we do have a really good garment district ^^.

        thanks guys