Re: [SCA-JML] Fabric

    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 9, 2012

      Greetings from Solveig! I don't believe that wool was regularly used in Japan. Consider using hemp, linen, ramie, silk, or cotton for that matter. Japanese clothing can be quite warm.

    • the.lady.phoenix@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 9, 2012
        I know it wasn't (wool) used often in Japan, however it is available
        over here more regularly then the others or is substantially less
        expensive. Plus I was just grabbing a couple of fabrics I'm more used
        to sewing and their properties. I agree your list is more authentic,
        sadly we often have to go with what we can find/afford :(

        Ai

        > Noble Cousins!
        >
        > Greetings from Solveig! I don't believe that wool was regularly used in
        > Japan. Consider using hemp, linen, ramie, silk, or cotton for that matter.
        > Japanese clothing can be quite warm.
        >
        > Your Humble Servant
        > Solveig Throndardottir
        > Amateur Scholar

      • Angela
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 10, 2012
          thanks again everyone, this helps a lot.

          sadly i live in LA so wouldnt be able to meet up with you.
          but we do have a really good garment district ^^.

          thanks guys