Re: [SCA-JML] Fabric

  • the.lady.phoenix@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 9, 2012
      Ohh I fully understand that no bra thing, I can get away with not
      wearing one, but it feels uncomfortable. and by the way cotton isn't
      always thin, you can get it in heavier weight weaves, but if you used
      cotton to line a wool outer that might work well for you. IE using
      the cotton to line a heavier often scratchier but warmer material...
      especially if you have to go bra-less.... Like a midnight run to the
      bathroom..... Just saying! If your in Atlantia look me up we could
      do a sewing weekend/week for you if you wanted. I do have an
      industrial sewing machine so I could help you quickly make whatever it
      is you need garb-wise.

      Ai

      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 9, 2012

        Greetings from Solveig! I don't believe that wool was regularly used in Japan. Consider using hemp, linen, ramie, silk, or cotton for that matter. Japanese clothing can be quite warm.

      • the.lady.phoenix@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 9, 2012
          I know it wasn't (wool) used often in Japan, however it is available
          over here more regularly then the others or is substantially less
          expensive. Plus I was just grabbing a couple of fabrics I'm more used
          to sewing and their properties. I agree your list is more authentic,
          sadly we often have to go with what we can find/afford :(

          Ai

          > Noble Cousins!
          >
          > Greetings from Solveig! I don't believe that wool was regularly used in
          > Japan. Consider using hemp, linen, ramie, silk, or cotton for that matter.
          > Japanese clothing can be quite warm.
          >
          > Your Humble Servant
          > Solveig Throndardottir
          > Amateur Scholar

        • Angela
          Message 4 of 14 , Sep 10, 2012
            thanks again everyone, this helps a lot.

            sadly i live in LA so wouldnt be able to meet up with you.
            but we do have a really good garment district ^^.

            thanks guys