Re: Kyō wa minasan

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 24, 2012
      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/miscellany/heraldry.html has information on how to deal with mon in an SCA context.

      My device (mon) is described heraldically as: "Argent, three fans in pall inverted (two on top, one at the bottom) conjoined at the handles azure (blue) each charged with a demi-roundel flat to center (half moon) argent (silver)." Or a white field with three blue fans with a white half moon on each.

      Saionji Shonagon
      West Kingdom
    • Angela
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 24, 2012
        thank you everyone, this has helped me greatly.

        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 25, 2012

          Greetings from Solveig! The College of Arms recently changed the rules. SENA (the new rules) are more strict about typical SCA heraldry, but SENA is also supposed to make it easier to document historical heraldry including Japanese heraldry. How this will work out in practice is not yet known.