Re: Shopping

  • jrwences
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2012
      The place to go is Miyamoto Unosuke Shoten (http://www.miyamoto-unosuke.co.jp/english/). You will quickly discover that you can't afford one of everything.

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Audrey Bergeron-Morin <audreybmorin@...> wrote:

      > Sorry to bother the list with a subject just remotely related, but I
      > figured there would be a lot of people who might be able to help me...
      >
      > I'll be in Tokyo in September. On top of my shopping list, shinobue, tabi
      > (various types), yukata and various matsuri supplies. Everybody says "Go to
      > Asakusa" and I'm okay with that suggestion, but is there a place in
      > particular where we *have* to go? Do you know a really cool shop that we
      > *need* to visit?
      >
      > Thank you!
      >
      > Audrey

    • luiseach
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 7, 2012
        Absolutely! My husband and I found Miyamoto Unosuke Shoten more or less by accident while we were strolling around Asakusa and it is amazing just to walk in and gawk. While you're in the area, stop at one of the kitchenware stores for wooden bowls and go to Sensoji temple.

        Tora

      • Audrey Bergeron-Morin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 7, 2012
          The trip to Miyamoto was already planned ;-)

          But thanks for the suggestion, it is probably the *one* place we *have* to
          go; the rest we'll have to find by wandering around (which is half the fun
          anyway!)

          Audrey