Re: West An Tir War 7/4-7/8/2012, Gold Beach, OR

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 28, 2012

      > You should not expect to find cheap taiko drums. Your least expensive option is to make the things for yourself.

      Please be sure to check out the resources on taiko collected at
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sca-jml/links/Taiko_Resources_000977356420

      > Note to everyone. While taiko drums are fun and yes there were drums in period, modern taiko drumming is just that modern.

      Yup. I do not claim any different either. But it beats the Dumbekistan Drum and Drum Corps at most wars.
      http://www.wodefordhall.com/taiko.htm includes links to articles on taiko history.

      As a side note, the group I study with, Kaji Yama Taiko, is playing on the local Buddhist Temple's float in the Alameda July 4th parade, and performing at the Higashi Temple's Obon Odori in Berkeley on July 14th.

      Saionji Shonagon,
      West Kingdom
    • ErinK
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2012
        Check out Taiko Community on Facebook for mundane taiko resources.
        http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/taikocommunity/

        There might be a group nearby already!

        ERIN