KNOWN WORLD COURTESANS - SOCIAL @ Pennsic War 2012

  • Carla
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 27, 2012
      For anyone involved in the Society of Creative Anachronism, who attends Pennsic War we are hosting a Courtesan Salon/Symposium/Social this summer to educate and bring together Courtesans from around The Known World; Hetairai/Hetaera (Greece), Ganika (India), Kisaeng Korea), Orian (Japan), Cortigiana Onesta (Italy), any male counter parts Cicisbeo (Italy), Chevalier (France) or Cortejo (Spain)& of course other Courtiers, Court Entertainers & Patrons of the arts.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Courtesan

      If you are interested email me or facebook me "Celestina Bellechose" and I can send you more information or links on courtesans,

      an invite to our FB event page - http://www.facebook.com/..events/430413310322613/,

      check out our brand new website -http://courtesans.weebly.com/..1/post/2012/5/pennsic-2012-1st-annual-courtesans-so..cial.html

      or see the Facebook page - "Sisters of the Yellow Veil" for general historical courtesan tidbits and event info from around The Known world http://www.facebook.com/..groups/273427639397324/?ref=ts

      *Cheers* Celestina Bellechose
    • LJonthebay
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 27, 2012
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Carla" <sweetceduxion@...> wrote:

        > For anyone involved in the Society of Creative Anachronism, who attends Pennsic War we are hosting a Courtesan Salon/Symposium/Social this summer to educate and bring together Courtesans from around The Known World; Hetairai/Hetaera (Greece), Ganika (India), Kisaeng Korea), Orian (Japan), Cortigiana Onesta (Italy), any male counter parts Cicisbeo (Italy), Chevalier (France) or Cortejo (Spain)& of course other Courtiers, Court Entertainers & Patrons of the arts.

        I'm fairly certain that oiran/tayuu really didn't have their heyday until after SCA-period with the establishment of pleasure quarters in major towns and cities under the Tokugawa shogunate.

        Two sen worth,
        Saionji no Hana