Japanese tourney at Pennsic

  • OgamiAkira@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 30, 2000
      Would anyone have any objections to me putting things in motion to
      have a Japanese "field day" at the war? This wasn't my idea, and I
      don't want to step on anyone's toes.
    • Joshua Badgley
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 30, 2000
        On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 OgamiAkira@... wrote:

        > Would anyone have any objections to me putting things in motion to
        > have a Japanese "field day" at the war? This wasn't my idea, and I
        > don't want to step on anyone's toes.

        What do you mean by 'field day'? I would probably be for it, but I'm not
        all that important when talking about scheduling stuff.

        -Ii
      • OgamiAkira@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 30, 2000
          > What do you mean by 'field day'? I would probably be for it, but
          I'm not
          > all that important when talking about scheduling stuff.

          By Field Day I mean a tourney and a few other things to get folks
          interested. the more you have going on, the more likely people are
          to show up.
        • Kass McGann
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
            > By Field Day I mean a tourney and a few other things to get folks
            > interested. the more you have going on, the more likely people are
            > to show up.

            If you have it on a day that I am on site, I promise to put aside my
            stereotypical aversion to "bushi" activities and show up in my hagi
            combination in order to give the impression of coolness... ;)

            Fujiwara no Aoi
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
              OgamiAkira@... wrote:

              > Would anyone have any objections to me putting things in motion to
              > have a Japanese "field day" at the war? This wasn't my idea, and I
              > don't want to step on anyone's toes.

              I think it would be a neat idea.

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
                Joshua Badgley wrote:

                > On Sat, 30 Dec 2000 OgamiAkira@... wrote:
                >
                > > Would anyone have any objections to me putting things in motion to
                > > have a Japanese "field day" at the war? This wasn't my idea, and I
                > > don't want to step on anyone's toes.
                > >
                > What do you mean by 'field day'? I would probably be for it, but I'm not
                > all that important when talking about scheduling stuff.

                You know, the usual. 50-yard dash, hurdles, relay races, etc., with the
                parents cheering on from the sidelines, that sort of thing.

                Oh, sorry... wrong field day...

                Effingham
                (feeling a bit silly)
              • ichimitsu@hotmail.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 14, 2001
                  --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, "Kass McGann" <historian@r...> wrote:
                  > > By Field Day I mean a tourney and a few other things to get folks
                  > > interested. the more you have going on, the more likely people are
                  > > to show up.
                  >
                  > If you have it on a day that I am on site, I promise to put aside my
                  > stereotypical aversion to "bushi" activities and show up in my hagi
                  > combination in order to give the impression of coolness... ;)
                  >
                  > Fujiwara no Aoi

                  PLEASE excuse the forwardness of this message!

                  but where can i find the first posting of this japanese tourny?

                  respectfuly
                  Ichimitsu san
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2001
                    ichimitsu@... wrote:

                    > --- In sca-jml@egroups.com, "Kass McGann" <historian@r...> wrote:
                    > > > By Field Day I mean a tourney and a few other things to get folks
                    > > > interested. the more you have going on, the more likely people are
                    > > > to show up.
                    > >
                    > > If you have it on a day that I am on site, I promise to put aside my
                    > > stereotypical aversion to "bushi" activities and show up in my hagi
                    > > combination in order to give the impression of coolness... ;)
                    > >
                    > > Fujiwara no Aoi
                    >
                    > PLEASE excuse the forwardness of this message!
                    >
                    > but where can i find the first posting of this japanese tourny?

                    It's message 2461 in the archives.
                    http://www.egroups.com/message/sca-jml/2461 )

                    The pertinent paragraph I wrote is here:

                    Well, I'm actually planning to sponsor a Japanese tourney. Armour and
                    weapons
                    must be Japanese; that's the only requirement. I haven't decided on the
                    prize
                    (a bottle of REALLY good sake sounds too obvious... I'm thinking about
                    making
                    the prize a nanban kabuto conversion I'm working on.) I also want to
                    sponsor a
                    Japanese armour "beauty" contest. The only thing is, of course, that if I
                    make
                    the armour it can't be entered { g }. Essentially, two competitions; I
                    need to
                    come up with two prizes. Suggestions?

                    Effingham
                  • Joshua Badgley
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 14, 2001
                      On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 ichimitsu@... wrote:

                      > but where can i find the first posting of this japanese tourny?

                      For those who aren't aware, this list is archived at egroups.com. Anybody
                      who wants can find messages at http://www.egroups.com Just look for
                      SCA-JML. Members of the list can also access the files and links stored
                      there as well. The a 'search' feature as well, which is useful when
                      trying to remember things like where to get that good silk fabric.

                      -Ii Saburou
                    • schneider
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 14, 2001
                        Any suggestions?
                        I can think of 3854 things! :)
                        A caligraphy set, a nice jingasa with decorations, real bag of chado, nice
                        chopsticks w/case, a palanquin ride around the area of pennsic,and for those
                        single guys out there, a concubine :D
                        Pocy