Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Rashomon

  • richard johnson
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
      I may be older than dirt but am not THAT old! <g>
      Just dyslexic and bad fingers from all those years fighting.

      Japan in the 1060's

      On 6/18/12, Katashi Itto <katashi_itto@...> wrote:
      > Personally I own everything by Kurosawa.
      >
      > However, I think of the movies being there, as an opportunity to expose
      > people to movies they might never otherwise see, and is a great resource for
      > garb and historical content.
      >
      > Katashi Itto
      >
      > -Black Lotus Clan

      Rick Johnson
      http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
    • Katashi Itto
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
        Hmmm, did you get your sword training from some Egyptian?  While living in the Highlands?

        You dont happen to have a habit collect certain peoples heads do you?

        Now spending your time incoginto in the SCA....?

        Katashi Itto

        -Black Lotus Clan

        ________________________________

        On 6/18/12, Katashi Itto <mailto:katashi_itto%40yahoo.com> wrote:
        > Personally I own everything by Kurosawa.
        >
        > However, I think of the movies being there, as an opportunity to expose
        > people to movies they might never otherwise see, and is a great resource for
        > garb and historical content.
        >
        > Katashi Itto
        >
        > -Black Lotus Clan

        Rick Johnson
        http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

      • richard johnson
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
          ah yes, the katana-carrying-scot syndrome. I recall seeing that often
          when the movies came out and withthe planned remake, expect to see it
          again.

          On 6/18/12, Katashi Itto <katashi_itto@...> wrote:
          > Hmmm, did you get your sword training from some Egyptian?  While living in
          > the Highlands?
          >
          > You dont happen to have a habit collect certain peoples heads do you?
          >
          > Now spending your time incoginto in the SCA....?
          >
          > Katashi Itto
          >
          > -Black Lotus Clan
          >

          > ________________________________

          Rick Johnson
          http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
        • Katashi Itto
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
            Hmmm, off the cuff comments to sidestep the fact your really immortal.
             Just remember we're watching you!

            Damn katana-weilding immortals, cant go to an SCA event anymore without tripping over one or two.  Swear there outta be a law.
            Always ranting about "There can only be one...!"

            Katashi Itto

            -Black Lotus Clan

          • Katashi Itto
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
               I think that movie went to their heads.  Before it came out, they would simply challege each other to a mean game of Backgammon.

              Katashi Itto

              -Black Lotus Clan

            • richard johnson
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
                >>Hmmm, off the cuff comments to sidestep the fact your really immortal.
                >>Just remember we're watching you!

                Immortal? hardly, just doomed to live a long life.

                oh noooo.....you are watching me?
                Not in my shower?
                I used to have a neighbor woman watch my through my window when I
                watched movies of an adult nature.
                I hope you are not laughing as much as did she.\

                BTW, when someone grants you immortality, be certain to include as a
                rider to the contract youth and regeneration.
                Age can be described as having to live with the problems and injuries
                incurred in your youth.

                On 6/18/12, Katashi Itto <katashi_itto@...> wrote:
                >  I think that movie went to their heads.  Before it came out, they would
                > simply challege each other to a mean game of Backgammon.
                >
                > Katashi Itto
                >
                > -Black Lotus Clan

                Rick Johnson
                http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
              • Yves de Lyle
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 19, 2012
                  Rashomon is also on the Internet Archive, and has been for years.

                  http://archive.org/details/dom-24164-rashomon

                  ---
                  Yves