Re: Rashomon

  • Katashi Itto
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
      Personally I own everything by Kurosawa.

      However, I think of the movies being there, as an opportunity to expose people to movies they might never otherwise see, and is a great resource for garb and historical content.

      Katashi Itto

      -Black Lotus Clan

    • richard johnson
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
        I may be older than dirt but am not THAT old! <g>
        Just dyslexic and bad fingers from all those years fighting.

        Japan in the 1060's

        On 6/18/12, Katashi Itto <katashi_itto@...> wrote:
        > Personally I own everything by Kurosawa.
        >
        > However, I think of the movies being there, as an opportunity to expose
        > people to movies they might never otherwise see, and is a great resource for
        > garb and historical content.
        >
        > Katashi Itto
        >
        > -Black Lotus Clan

        Rick Johnson
        http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
      • Katashi Itto
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
          Hmmm, did you get your sword training from some Egyptian?  While living in the Highlands?

          You dont happen to have a habit collect certain peoples heads do you?

          Now spending your time incoginto in the SCA....?

          Katashi Itto

          -Black Lotus Clan

          ________________________________

          On 6/18/12, Katashi Itto <mailto:katashi_itto%40yahoo.com> wrote:
          > Personally I own everything by Kurosawa.
          >
          > However, I think of the movies being there, as an opportunity to expose
          > people to movies they might never otherwise see, and is a great resource for
          > garb and historical content.
          >
          > Katashi Itto
          >
          > -Black Lotus Clan

          Rick Johnson
          http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com

        • richard johnson
          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
            ah yes, the katana-carrying-scot syndrome. I recall seeing that often
            when the movies came out and withthe planned remake, expect to see it
            again.

            On 6/18/12, Katashi Itto <katashi_itto@...> wrote:
            > Hmmm, did you get your sword training from some Egyptian?  While living in
            > the Highlands?
            >
            > You dont happen to have a habit collect certain peoples heads do you?
            >
            > Now spending your time incoginto in the SCA....?
            >
            > Katashi Itto
            >
            > -Black Lotus Clan
            >

            > ________________________________

            Rick Johnson
            http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
          • Katashi Itto
            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
              Hmmm, off the cuff comments to sidestep the fact your really immortal.
               Just remember we're watching you!

              Damn katana-weilding immortals, cant go to an SCA event anymore without tripping over one or two.  Swear there outta be a law.
              Always ranting about "There can only be one...!"

              Katashi Itto

              -Black Lotus Clan

            • Katashi Itto
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
                 I think that movie went to their heads.  Before it came out, they would simply challege each other to a mean game of Backgammon.

                Katashi Itto

                -Black Lotus Clan

              • richard johnson
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 18, 2012
                  >>Hmmm, off the cuff comments to sidestep the fact your really immortal.
                  >>Just remember we're watching you!

                  Immortal? hardly, just doomed to live a long life.

                  oh noooo.....you are watching me?
                  Not in my shower?
                  I used to have a neighbor woman watch my through my window when I
                  watched movies of an adult nature.
                  I hope you are not laughing as much as did she.\

                  BTW, when someone grants you immortality, be certain to include as a
                  rider to the contract youth and regeneration.
                  Age can be described as having to live with the problems and injuries
                  incurred in your youth.

                  On 6/18/12, Katashi Itto <katashi_itto@...> wrote:
                  >  I think that movie went to their heads.  Before it came out, they would
                  > simply challege each other to a mean game of Backgammon.
                  >
                  > Katashi Itto
                  >
                  > -Black Lotus Clan

                  Rick Johnson
                  http://Rick-Johnson.webs.com
                • Yves de Lyle
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jul 19, 2012
                    Rashomon is also on the Internet Archive, and has been for years.

                    http://archive.org/details/dom-24164-rashomon

                    ---
                    Yves