translations of period tea documents

  • comstockgirl
    Message 1 of 3 , May 23, 2012
      For those who are interested in period tea practice -

      Kateline/Tsukiko

      http://chanoyu-to-wa.tumblr.com

      In this blog, as should be obvious by now, I hope to talk about chanoyu as it was practiced prior to its institutionalization during the early Edo period, as well as present some of my translations from the writings of Jôô and Rikyû and their contemporaries, which will illustrate and support this interpretation.
    • James Eckman
      Message 2 of 3 , May 24, 2012
        This blog site would make a good book. It's certainly the best on tea
        ceremony I've seen in English, that includes the handful of books in
        English on the subject.

        Thanks,
        Jim
      • comstockgirl
        Message 3 of 3 , May 25, 2012
          My tea teacher pointed this blog out to me since she knows my focus is on period tea practice. Looking forward to more of his posts!
          Kateline/Tsukiko