Re: [SCA-JML] Yayoi personae?

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2012
      Well, I haven't delved into the garb much more, but I have lots of photos
      from museums and sites like Yoshinogari, where they have reconstructed
      those periods. Abe-hime also worked off of Takamatsuzuka kofun when
      working on her early outfit.

      Here's what I have in the photo vault:

      Jomon and earlier:
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatsushu/sets/72157629717025384/

      Yayoi: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatsushu/sets/72157617499864701/

      Kofun:http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatsushu/sets/72157613347161310/

      Not sure if any of that helps. If you need more info on a picture, contact
      me (or check what "museum" or other location site it is in--I try to take
      pictures of the placards if they are available, though some are too fuzzy
      to read).

    • narimeaoyama
      Message 2 of 3 , May 14, 2012
        Thank you, Ii-dono, your pictures are AMAZING!!! One question I have about your Yayoi pictures--could you tell me the significance between the colored jackets (red, green, yellow, orange) and the natural colored attire? Court attire vs. commonor attire? Do the different colors signify some sort of rank?

        Thanks again,
        Aoyama