Yayoi personae?

  • onewringgold@netzero.net
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13 2:16 PM
      Just out of curiosity I was wondering how many on the list are playing in the Yayoi/Kofun period now? I know several years ago there were very few, and I did run across a conversation on this list from 2002. I was just wondering what progress has been made since then, what resources people have found for things like garb, footwear, what to use for facepaint, historical background, etc. I usually do Momoyama, but sometimes play around in other periods as well. Thanks,Aoyama Narime (Jenn Oaks)
    • JL Badgley
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13 7:25 PM
        Well, I haven't delved into the garb much more, but I have lots of photos
        from museums and sites like Yoshinogari, where they have reconstructed
        those periods. Abe-hime also worked off of Takamatsuzuka kofun when
        working on her early outfit.

        Here's what I have in the photo vault:

        Jomon and earlier:
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatsushu/sets/72157629717025384/

        Yayoi: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatsushu/sets/72157617499864701/

        Kofun:http://www.flickr.com/photos/tatsushu/sets/72157613347161310/

        Not sure if any of that helps. If you need more info on a picture, contact
        me (or check what "museum" or other location site it is in--I try to take
        pictures of the placards if they are available, though some are too fuzzy
        to read).

      • narimeaoyama
        Message 3 of 3 , May 14 5:35 AM
          Thank you, Ii-dono, your pictures are AMAZING!!! One question I have about your Yayoi pictures--could you tell me the significance between the colored jackets (red, green, yellow, orange) and the natural colored attire? Court attire vs. commonor attire? Do the different colors signify some sort of rank?

          Thanks again,
          Aoyama