Northern California Cherry Blossom Festival, SF

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
      http://nccbf.org/

      Festival: Saturday and Sunday, April 14 & 15, 21 & 22, 2012
      Grand Parade: Sunday, April 22, 2012
      Queen Pageant: Saturday, April 14, 2012
      Where?
      Festival: Japantown (@ Post & Buchanan Streets), San Francisco
      Grand Parade: Begins at San Francisco City Hall and ends at Post & Fillmore
      Queen Pageant: Sundance Kabuki 8 Theater, Japantown

      Saionji Shonagon
      West Kingdom
    • Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4, 2012
        Pittsburgh jumps on the cherry blossom drum wagon!

        From http://www.pghsakuraproject.org/en/news/news12.html -

        This spring we will hold our first Cherry Blossom Festival, on Sunday, April 29, in honor of the centennial of the original gift of cherry trees from Japan to the US in 1912. We hope you can join us!

        Place: Near the Boat House in North Park
        Date: Sunday, April 29, 2012, from 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM
        Event: Planting 3 ceremonial young cherry trees and 3 others, Taiko, Music Performances, Kite flying, Folk dance, Tea ceremony, Raffle, and more!

        --
        The Hon. Lord Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
        (m.k.a. Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans)