Re: A question of time??

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4 8:58 AM
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, KATYA GILLEY <fuzzywonder@...> wrote:

      > It is very simple, I once didn't cover up to well in court( albeit a small court), And my Knight gave me a stern but loving talking to! Shortly thereafter he wore black jeans, I desire simple to go over the top in as evilly period way ,as I might to make this Very kind man Smile,

      Personally, I prefer doing Japanese better than the 99% in European dress, that the barbarians must lift their jaws from the floor with both hands and admit, "OK, that's pretty cool!"

      Saionji no It Pays Off
      West Kingdom
    • fuzzywonder@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 4 9:21 AM
        do you happen to know anything about the patchwork kimono and the stitching patterns that was used?
        and again my sincerest thanks
        Sent from my LG phone

        LJonthebay <wodeford@...> wrote:

        >--- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, KATYA GILLEY <fuzzywonder@...> wrote:
        >>

        >> It is very simple, I once didn't cover up to well in court( albeit a small court), And my Knight gave me a stern but loving talking to! Shortly thereafter he wore black jeans, I desire simple to go over the top in as evilly period way ,as I might to make this Very kind man Smile,
        >

        >Personally, I prefer doing Japanese better than the 99% in European dress, that the barbarians must lift their jaws from the floor with both hands and admit, "OK, that's pretty cool!"
        >
        >Saionji no It Pays Off
        >West Kingdom

      • LJonthebay
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 4 9:50 AM
          --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "fuzzywonder@..." <fuzzywonder@...> wrote:

          > do you happen to know anything about the patchwork kimono and the stitching patterns that was used?

          If you are referring to sachiko (the white stitching usually done on indigo), it's (a) post-SCA-period and (b) was used mainly to reinforce peasant work clothing. (There is an 8th century textile in a museum that uses a similar technique, but that's the only period example I'm familiar with).

          If you are referring to pieced garments, they were fashionable in the 16th century.
          Some extant examples include the following:

          http://wodefordhall.com/uesugikenshin.jpg
          http://wodefordhall.com/patch.jpg
          http://wodefordhall.com/patch.jpg

          Saionji Shonagon