Another list for the site, Was Re: Japanese stuff at Pennsic

  • wcbooth@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 29, 2000
      > > You are making my mouth water, my head twitch, my foot tap and my
      heart leap
      > > about my chest. Tell me we will do this. I was planning to go to
      Pennsic for
      > > the first time this year.
      no kidding, i think that happens alot when you mention Pennsic ;)

      (snip)
      > So, with talk about going to Pennsic this year I was just wondering
      who
      > all was planning to go. I know there was talk about a Japanese
      campsite
      > and I would love to partake if possible; unfortunately I don't have
      > period tent at all (although the one I have now IS small enough to
      fit
      > behind a good sized screen). As it is right now I don't have a
      group and
      > am looking for one if possible. The only other option for me is my
      > household, House Oschast (an eclectic bunch), of which one other
      member
      > will be present.
      >
      > Also, I will probably be leaving from California to get there. If
      anyone
      > else is headed out from CA I would love to get in touch with them.
      >
      > So, would it be useful to have a list somewhere of who's planning on
      > attending? That might make planning things a little easier,
      although
      > maybe this is too soon.
      >

      > -Ii Saburou

      Well folks, looks like this ties in with the website yet again....

      i have been toying with another idea, of a Ride/camping board for the
      SCA. but, i think for now, let's K.I.S.S and just make it for our
      little group? please, let me know..

      B.T.W, Ii? i've heard of people who Plan their next pennsic trips,
      while they're AT pennsic...or right after... anyhow, i like the idea
      and it will be up on the site... more to follow...

      Nobu.
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 29, 2000
        Joshua Badgley wrote:

        > On Fri, 29 Dec 2000, Rick (Miyamoto K) wrote:
        >
        > > You are making my mouth water, my head twitch, my foot tap and my heart leap
        > > about my chest. Tell me we will do this. I was planning to go to Pennsic for
        > > the first time this year.
        > >
        > I WILL be going to Pennsic this year for the first time. I'm not sure HOW
        > just yet, only that I am going to work my butt off through school, and
        > I'll make it even if I don't yet have the job I want.

        Great! We'll be looking forward to seeing you!

        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2001
          OgamiAkira@... wrote:

          > I would be interested in supporting a Japanese tourney at Pennsic.
          > If folks would like, I could even have my Clan (Yama Kaminari)
          > sponsor the event and provide stage dressing, taiko drummers (weather
          > permitting), windscreens, and whatever else would make it look good
          > and run smoothly.

          Spiff!!

          I'd appreciate the help and support with this one. I'm planning on having a
          little favor-like-prezzie for all the participants in the tourney as well
          as a general prize thingie.

          > Might I suggest as well that it go a bit beyond a simple tourney?
          > How about a kyudo (or at least yumi) competition, and perhaps even a
          > contest (in the tradition of Yoshitsune's retainer Benkei) to see who
          > can deflect the most combat arrows?

          How could we tell if they miss? I think we should use real arrows for this
          one, since they'd stick and we could tell. <G>

          Effingham
        • GrimShieldsson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2001
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2001
              Howdy, folks.
              I'm beginning to ask some people in Yama Kaminari about when would be
              a good day for this Japanese shindig and what they would like to have
              go on. This is going to be a terrific amount of work, and I don't
              want it all to fall on the heads (and backs) of my squires. So far
              I've just thrown out some ideas (like a poetry competition and a sumo
              match) and I'm waiting to see what I get back. Koredono, my senior
              squire, has pointed out that the earlier we hold it, the less likely
              we are to conflict with something major. As he pointed out, war week
              itself is essentially a write-off. The 'middle Saturday' is probably
              the best we're going to do.

              And, no, I'm not very formal, am I?
            • michael A
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 3, 2001
                As before when effingham-dono mentioned the idea of a
                tourney, Id be glad to assist in any way possible
                getting such an auspicious event going at war.

                I definately agree that if we all come together and
                help, we can save those poor squires backs. :)

                -Kiyohara

                --- OgamiAkira@... wrote:
                > Howdy, folks.
                > I'm beginning to ask some people in Yama Kaminari
                > about when would be
                > a good day for this Japanese shindig and what they
                > would like to have
                > go on. This is going to be a terrific amount of
                > work, and I don't
                > want it all to fall on the heads (and backs) of my
                > squires. So far
                > I've just thrown out some ideas (like a poetry
                > competition and a sumo
                > match) and I'm waiting to see what I get back.
                > Koredono, my senior
                > squire, has pointed out that the earlier we hold it,
                > the less likely
                > we are to conflict with something major. As he
                > pointed out, war week
                > itself is essentially a write-off. The 'middle
                > Saturday' is probably
                > the best we're going to do.
                >
                > And, no, I'm not very formal, am I?

                http://photos.yahoo.com/
              • Joshua Badgley
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 3, 2001
                  On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, michael A wrote:

                  > I definately agree that if we all come together and
                  > help, we can save those poor squires backs. :)

                  I would love to help out at the event, but it requires at least one other
                  thing for some of us: when do we need to get there? I notice that people
                  can show up early, but just how early are we supposed to get there? This
                  is rather important for me; Jamboree-like situations are no problem, but I
                  do need to know when I need to be there. Just let me know and I'll put it
                  on the calendar!

                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 4, 2001
                    OgamiAkira@... wrote:

                    > Howdy, folks.
                    > I'm beginning to ask some people in Yama Kaminari about when would be
                    > a good day for this Japanese shindig and what they would like to have
                    > go on. This is going to be a terrific amount of work, and I don't
                    > want it all to fall on the heads (and backs) of my squires. So far
                    > I've just thrown out some ideas (like a poetry competition and a sumo
                    > match) and I'm waiting to see what I get back. Koredono, my senior
                    > squire, has pointed out that the earlier we hold it, the less likely
                    > we are to conflict with something major. As he pointed out, war week
                    > itself is essentially a write-off. The 'middle Saturday' is probably
                    > the best we're going to do.

                    That would probably work. I'd suggest Sunday, though, if possible, to
                    allow the folks who can only do one week at war to get in and get set
                    up. Does this sound logical, or a baseless concern? I dunno.

                    > And, no, I'm not very formal, am I?

                    There's stuffy and there's stuffy. And then there's laid back. <wink>