Re: Reliable Name lists needed

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 19, 2012
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Amy" <clvergatten@...> wrote:

      > With all respect to Solveig Throndardottir, I do not for one moment believe that all women had names like "little white flower" I am looking for sites that have female or gender nutral names that can be documented. Can anyone point me in more directions than the so far excelent links page has?

      "Flower" is a perfectly good name. Even my barbarian friends can usually remember and correctly pronounce "Hana."

      That said, Solveig-sensei's book on names has all sorts of names and name elements in it (she said, pulling her copy out from under her desk), including "Wogusome" which dates from the Nara period, refers to feces and includes the notation "This kanji and the reading appearing in the example are definitely vulgar."

      Saionji no Hana
      West Kingdom

      http://potboilerpress.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=25