Interesting thread on Japanese names

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2012
      http://groups.google.com/group/pmjs/browse_thread/thread/4599b448ff2bca78

      My apologies if this link doesn't work for you, but there is an interesting
      thread on PMJS regarding how Japanese men were named. I believe there is
      an open archive for the group, but I don't recall where.

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 13, 2012
        > I would like to bring to the attention of members of this listserv an upcoming exhibit at the National Geographic Museum in Washington, D.C., “Samurai: The Warrior Transformed.” It runs from March 7-September 3, 2012 and is one of many events planned as part of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, which is celebrating the 100th anniversary of the Japanese gift of cherry trees to the U.S.
        >
        > Dr. Hilary Snow (Adjunct Lecturer at MICA and Johns Hopkins University) served as consultant on the exhibit and Dr. Constantine Vaporis (Professor of History and Asian Studies Program Director at UMBC) served as a consultant-writer.
        >
        > For more details, please go the the Museum's direct link: http://events.nationalgeographic.com/events/exhibits/2012/03/07/samurai/
        >
        > Constantine Vaporis
        >
        > --
        > Constantine N. Vaporis
        > Director, Asian Studies Program
        > Professor of History
        > Affiliate Professor, Gender & Women's Studies
        > University of Maryland, Baltimore County

      • Jenn Prado
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 14, 2012
          Sweet! Im only 90 min away and will definitely drag my shire out to see this.

          Ylaire Sainte Claire
          304.951.5694

          Sent from my iPhone
        • Jessica Mulligan
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 14, 2012
            Awesome!  We were just at National Geographic this past Saturday to see the Staffordshire Hoard exhibit with 19 of our SCAdian friends.  I had no idea Samurai were coming next.  I think another group outing is in order.  We've got a growing number of Japanese personas around Fredericksburg that I'm sure would love to go, and maybe we'll recruit a few more afterwards.  :)

            Thank you for the link,
            Sanada Katsumi