Re: [SCA-JML] New Member from Caid

  • Ellen Badgley
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012

      > "Minamoto" is an easy sell, and "Akiko" seems like it would be an easy
      > enough female name to document.
      >
      > What is the device you are considering?
      >
      > -Ii

      I don't have Solveig-hime's book in front of me, but "Akiko" is
      documentable to period, from what I remember-- and it is also commonly
      written with the same kanji as my name, "Akirakeiko" (which is a bit
      of a weird reading!)

      - Abe Akirakeiko
    • Kendal Lenton
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
        After reworking my device some, this is what I've come up with.

        It still has the Gomaisasa,or the 5 bamboo leaves that can be found in the
        Minamoto Clan crest, but switched the gentian flowers for a single iris
        flower. I'm still learning about the devices used in Japan, but am hoping
        that I can get something submitted sooner than later

        http://s1066.photobucket.com/albums/u417/Akiko_Minamoto/?action=view¤t=Irisflower.jpg