Re: [SCA-JML] Huzzah to Mistress Saionji no Hana, newest member of the Order of the Laurel

  • Heather Law
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 8, 2012
      Congratulations!!

      Edwinna

      On 1/8/2012 10:27 AM, JL Badgley wrote:

      > Yesterday, our much loved Saionji no Hana was elevated to the Order of the
      > Laurel. During the ceremony, three of us played Etenraku (or an attempt)
      > as she processed in. She gave her fealty oath in Japanese (shout out to
      > the Far West!) and received a beautiful scroll from Mistress Dananbren of
      > the East. There was quite the contingent of Japanese personae that came
      > out for the occasion. I believe that there were at least 6 of us from the
      > East Coast and Ishida-dono, who came down from the north.
      >
      > There are some pictures available, and more will surely be on their way.
      >
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/erink/sets/72157628767863855/
      >
      > -Ii Katsumori

    • Anthony Bryant
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 8, 2012
        On Jan 8, 2012, at 11:27 AM, JL Badgley wrote:

        > Yesterday, our much loved Saionji no Hana was elevated to the Order of the
        > Laurel. During the ceremony, three of us played Etenraku (or an attempt)
        > as she processed in. She gave her fealty oath in Japanese (shout out to
        > the Far West!) and received a beautiful scroll from Mistress Dananbren of
        > the East. There was quite the contingent of Japanese personae that came
        > out for the occasion. I believe that there were at least 6 of us from the
        > East Coast and Ishida-dono, who came down from the north.
        >
        > There are some pictures available, and more will surely be on their way.
        >
        > http://www.flickr.com/photos/erink/sets/72157628767863855/
        >
        > -Ii Katsumori

        MAJOR WOOTAGE.

        I thought Twelfth Night was next week...?

        Dang.

        I'm absolutely thrilled about this. Loved the photos. :) I wish I could have been there, but flying and I just don't mix. :(

        Effingwoohoo
      • Jennifer Kobayashi
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 8, 2012
          Huzzah! Vivat! Omedetou! I'm sure it was wonderful and I wish I could have been there!
          Congratulations Saionji no Hana, Mistress of the Laurel!

          -Ki no Izumi
        • art_fetish
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 8, 2012
            HUZZAH!!!!
            More importantly, thank you for sharing photos of such an important event!

            -Lady Kimiko

            --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

            > Yesterday, our much loved Saionji no Hana was elevated to the Order of the
            > Laurel. During the ceremony, three of us played Etenraku (or an attempt)
            > as she processed in. She gave her fealty oath in Japanese (shout out to
            > the Far West!) and received a beautiful scroll from Mistress Dananbren of
            > the East. There was quite the contingent of Japanese personae that came
            > out for the occasion. I believe that there were at least 6 of us from the
            > East Coast and Ishida-dono, who came down from the north.
            >
            > There are some pictures available, and more will surely be on their way.
            >
            > http://www.flickr.com/photos/erink/sets/72157628767863855/
            >
            > -Ii Katsumori

          • Michelle Touketto
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 8, 2012
              Congratulations!

              --
              "All knowledge is worth having."  Anafiel Delaunay, Kushiel's Dart.
            • Zek (MKA)
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 8, 2012
                What a joyous moment, greater person couldn't gotten want, well done! I celebrate with you today as if I was there. I wasn't aware of the occassion and yet I would not be truthfull if I said I could have gone since I was occupied with Event Chatelain for An Tir 12 Nights / 30 yr Anniversay which was this pass weekend. I will still celebrate in my heart this joyous moment. Congratulations, Oh Great and Deserving one!

                Humbly,
                -Sukeie

                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

                > Yesterday, our much loved Saionji no Hana was elevated to the Order of the
                > Laurel. During the ceremony, three of us played Etenraku (or an attempt)
                > as she processed in. She gave her fealty oath in Japanese (shout out to
                > the Far West!) and received a beautiful scroll from Mistress Dananbren of
                > the East. There was quite the contingent of Japanese personae that came
                > out for the occasion. I believe that there were at least 6 of us from the
                > East Coast and Ishida-dono, who came down from the north.
                >
                > There are some pictures available, and more will surely be on their way.
                >
                > http://www.flickr.com/photos/erink/sets/72157628767863855/
                >
                > -Ii Katsumori

              • LJonthebay
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 8, 2012
                  --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

                  > Yesterday, our much loved Saionji no Hana was elevated to the Order of the
                  > Laurel. During the ceremony, three of us played Etenraku (or an attempt)
                  > as she processed in.

                  I could not have been more elated by how much your music added to the procession. The friction co-efficient of those weird namban "tatami" (read "standard hotel carpeting") was as nothing to the celestial strains that bore me along. I could not have been more elated by how much your music added to the procession.

                  > She gave her fealty oath in Japanese (shout out to
                  > the Far West!) and received a beautiful scroll from Mistress Dananbren of the East.

                  Danabren is known to members of this forum as Soga Mememe, called Kurokamakiri. I will attempt to get pictures tomorrow afternoon when the light permits.

                  Translation credit goes to Mistress Katherine of Acquitaine of the Far West and a colleague at the school where she teaches. I could not have dared such a thing without the confidence that their translation efforts kept the meaning and intent as true as possible.

                  > There was quite the contingent of Japanese personae that came
                  > out for the occasion. I believe that there were at least 6 of us > from the East Coast and Ishida-dono, who came down from the north.

                  My escort into court included :
                  four visitors from Aethelmearc representing Clan Yama Kaminari - Erin, Guy, Ishiyama and Haru(?) - apologies for not having all your names and titles.

                  Fujiwara no Nagamochi (Northshield)

                  Takamatsu Fujiko, Hosokawa Hikaru, Hosokawa Sora-hime, Takeshi Reikoku-dono, Dafydd ap George, Kevin Roche, Andrew Trembley, Urtatim al Qrtubiyya, (West Kingdom).

                  Not pictured (yet!) and my monkey bearers, Robert, Lily and Cara (West Kingdom) and Li Guang Ming and Wu Xi Liang (Outlands).

                  "Gakaku Ensemble:" Abe Akirakeiko-Shonagon and Ii Saburou Katsumori-Shonagon (Atlantia) and Ishida no Kentarou Mitsumasa (An Tir).

                  My late ex-'s former apprentice, Mistress Ana de Guzman, also made it in from the East.

                  Thank you to everyone! To those who could not be there, you were with us in spirit and I was thinking of you while engaged in the Zen exercise of ironing my mo in an empty, silent hotel room on Saturday morning.

                  I am deeply humbled by the regard, support and friendship of the SCA-Japanese community and the Kingdom of the West. I will endeavor to live up to it.

                  Honor, harmony, knowledge.

                  Saionji Shonagon, Jû shi-i
                  Kingdom of the West
                • sca-jml-owner@yahoogroups.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 11, 2012
                    --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Anthony Bryant <ajbryant@...> wrote:

                    > MAJOR WOOTAGE.
                    >
                    > I thought Twelfth Night was next week...?
                    >
                    > Dang.
                    >
                    > I'm absolutely thrilled about this. Loved the photos. :) I wish I could have been there, but flying and I just don't mix. :(

                    Wish you could've been there too. I've got Henrik of Havn asking me about a garb commission!

                    Hana