A lunar cycle of poems project - night 28, the last poem

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 17, 2011
      For the last poem I wanted to select one that speaks of longing. Of passion that burn, and a woman who desires love in her last moments. This poem completes the project.I hope you have enjoyed reading these as much as I have enjoyed researching them.

      --Night 28--

      "Soon I cease to be;
      One fond memory I would keep
      When beyond this world.
      Is there, then no way for me
      Just once more to meet with thee?" - Izumi Shikibu

      "Arazaran
      Kono yo no hoka no
      Omoide ni
      Ima hito-tabi no
      Au koto mo gana" - Japanese version

      It is believe that this poem was not written while on her death bed, but rather for a court convention. All the same, what a passionate poem this is.
    • Michelle Touketto
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 17, 2011
        I have very much enjoyed reading the poems! Thank you for all the
        work you've put into preparing them for us!

        Gwenhwyvar

        --
        "All knowledge is worth having."  Anafiel Delaunay, Kushiel's Dart.