any sca-jml members in Atlanta, Athens, or anywhere in North Georgia

  • mkolkie
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 15, 2011
      Hi ya group,

      My annual posting looking for anyone else in and around the Atlanta, Athens, or anywhere in North Georgia area. (heck even eastern Alabama, and northern South Carolina)

      I would love to do more learning about the cooking, clothing,
      dying, swords, and wooden swords, carving woodblock, flower arranging, painting, and tea, as well as katazome and shibori dying, as well as shibari tying.

      I have really enjoyed the Sumi-e and seals thread, and the lunar cycle of poems project.

      I sort of wish I was back in the DC area, because the Embassy of Japan hosted showing Hana: The Tale of A Recluctant Samurai this week.

      I do enjoy that we have the Consulate General of Japan in Atlanta, which recently hosted Mr. Satoshi Tachibana of Soma City, one of only five people remaining in Japan with the skills and knowledge to create and restore the Heian Period (794 to 1185) yoroi armor used in the festival, who come to Atlanta all the way from Soma to demonstrate his art form at the Tohoku exhibition. There also was a display two suits of authentic samurai armor, video, and photographs of several famous Tohoku festivals, including the Soma Noma Oi, as well as several other fantastic objects on display, such as some banners, showing the stitching and traditional 14" width fabric, and some hand planned cabinets.

      Michael
    • Katashi Itto
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 16, 2011
        MODERATOR NOTE: Please sign your posts so we know who you are.
        Thank you. Saionji no Hana, Pacific Time Zone Moderator.

        Original message follows:

        Same here!

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 16, 2011
          i used to be in N.O. currently in Jax FL area. let me know if you need help being introduced in Axemoor the Current Baron and Baroness were our Best Man/Matron of Honor at our wedding...good people.

          Takeo
          (Known in Axemoor as Cuan)

          ________________________________

        • barontakeda@yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 17, 2011
            My son, Lord Matsuura Kenshin, and I are in the Central/Clemson SC area (Upstate SC). There are very few Japanese personas in southern Atlantia.

            sayanora,
            Baron Takeda Yoshinaka

            http://www.stgeorges.atlantia.sca.org

            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 27, 2012
              I'm looking for a group in northern Georgia as well. I'm in Alpharetta. I know it's been a year. Any luck?

              - Eyler