Re: [SCA-JML] Sengoku Era Wedding Attire

  • Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 4, 2011
      My Lady von Heidelberg;

      You wrote:
      > In the not too distant future my now fiance and I shall be getting
      > married. He has expressed a desire for a Shinto wedding which we
      > are starting to look into.

      Recently, while researching a piece of furniture, I found a couple
      of web sites that specialize in traditional Shinto accoutrements.
      I don't understand Japanese, but the impression I got was that most
      of their customers were those planning weddings.

      http://www.minzoku.co.jp/

      http://www.ise-miyachu.co.jp/

      I'm not suggesting you buy anything from those sites, but the pictures
      will give you a good idea what clothing is traditional. In my opinion,
      the designs of most of the men's formal garments don't appear to have
      changed much since the Heian period, so many of them are acceptable
      for SCA use.

      The pattern sites you cited are generally considered to be good
      references. In addition to the "katchu" section of SengokuDaimyo.com,
      don't miss the garb section -

      http://www.sengokudaimyo.com/garb/garb.html

      --
      The Hon. Lord Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie
      (mka: Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans)