A lunar cycle of poems project - night 23

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 14, 2011
      ~~~Night 23 ( http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon ) ~~~

      "If I long should live
      Then, perchance, the present days
      May be dead to me;-
      Just as past time fraught with grief
      Now comes fondly back in thought." - Fujiwara no Kiyosuke Ason (1104 - 1177), Governor of the Nagato province. This poem is a simple reflection on aging and how memories seem to only grow fonder...even if they were sour. To quote the book I got this poem from "does this poem say that 'time heals all wounds? Or is he saying that his present is so bad that it makes even an unhappy past look good?".

      "Naharaeba
      Mata konogoro ya
      Shinobaren
      Ushi to mishi yo zo
      Ima wa koishiki." - Japanese version

      Here is a separate bonus poem to make up for the many days I have been delays due to my life. Thank you for your patience and feedback.

      "Life! Thou string of gems!
      If thou art to end, break now.
      For, if yet I live,
      All I do to hide my love