A lunar cycle of poems project - night 20

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 5, 2011
      ~~~Night 20 ( http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon ) ~~~

      "Beneath the blossoms,
      The view is so lovely
      We forget to return home.
      Alongside a cask of wine,
      Drinking more and more
      A spring breeze rises up." - Yamabe no Akahito, one of the 36 Immortal Poets. His work was cited and recounted through the ages. A famous Momoyama period scroll featuring this poem was written by the famous calligrapher Shokado Shojo (1584-1639).

      Source: Japan's golden Age, Momoyama (http://www.amazon.com/Japans-Golden-Age-Momoyama-Publications/dp/0300068972 )

      PS - glad to know that you guys are enjoying these. Feedback is always welcome. If you have any specific requests or themes, please let me know. Only 8 more poems to go before I am done.
    • art_fetish
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 6, 2011
        ~~~Night 21 ( http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon ) ~~~

        "Setting out for my lover's house
        Carried by thoughts of love
        This winter's night
        I feel the cold river breeze
        As plovers cry." -Unknown, featured on a Momoyama period calligraphy scroll by Shokado Shojo

        "Omoikane
        Imogari yukeba
        Fuyu no yo no
        Kawakaze samumi
        Chidori nake nari" - Japanese version of the poem

        Plovers are associated with winter, and the loneliness that love can bring.

        Source: Japan's golden Age, Momoyama (http://www.amazon.com/Japans-Golden-Age-Momoyama-Publications/dp/0300068972 )
      • Jeanel Walker
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 8, 2011
          I wish i had started saving them when you first started i would have almost a book by now to take with me on long journeys through out the known world, but I didnt think of it sooner. pout.

          Jeanel Walker aka Iolii or Takaatsu
          My Facebook Link =)My Deviant Art Page Link

          ________________________________
          A spring breeze rises up." - Yamabe no Akahito, one of the 36 Immortal Poets. His work was cited and recounted through the ages. A famous Momoyama period scroll featuring this poem was written by the famous calligrapher Shokado Shojo (1584-1639).

          Source: Japan's golden Age, Momoyama (http://www.amazon.com/Japans-Golden-Age-Momoyama-Publications/dp/0300068972 )

          PS - glad to know that you guys are enjoying these. Feedback is always welcome. If you have any specific requests or themes, please let me know. Only 8 more poems to go before I am done.

        • Jennifer Kobayashi
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 8, 2011
            >I wish i had started saving them when you first started...

            Fortunately for us all, they are automatically saved in the sca-jml list archives:

            -Ki no Izumi
          • Jeanel Walker
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 8, 2011
              awesome!!! sugoi!!!!! domo artigato !!!! now onward to archives =)

              Jeanel Walker aka Iolii or Takaatsu
              My Facebook Link =)My Deviant Art Page Link

              >I wish i had started saving them when you first started...

              Fortunately for us all, they are automatically saved in the sca-jml list archives:

              -Ki no Izumi

            • LJonthebay
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 8, 2011
                --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jeanel Walker <brytephyre@...> wrote:

                > I wish i had started saving them when you first started i would have almost a book by now to take with me on long journeys through out the known world, but I didnt think of it sooner. pout.

                Support your local bookseller!

                Saionji no Hana, sometime poet, avid reader