Re: [SCA-JML] Re: A lunar cycle of poems project - night 19

  • Jeanel Walker
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 4, 2011
      I too enjoy them. please dont quit =)

      Jeanel Walker aka Iolii or Takaatsu
      My Facebook Link =)My Deviant Art Page Link

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 5, 2011
        ~~~Night 20 ( http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon ) ~~~

        "Beneath the blossoms,
        The view is so lovely
        We forget to return home.
        Alongside a cask of wine,
        Drinking more and more
        A spring breeze rises up." - Yamabe no Akahito, one of the 36 Immortal Poets. His work was cited and recounted through the ages. A famous Momoyama period scroll featuring this poem was written by the famous calligrapher Shokado Shojo (1584-1639).

        Source: Japan's golden Age, Momoyama (http://www.amazon.com/Japans-Golden-Age-Momoyama-Publications/dp/0300068972 )

        PS - glad to know that you guys are enjoying these. Feedback is always welcome. If you have any specific requests or themes, please let me know. Only 8 more poems to go before I am done.
      • art_fetish
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 6, 2011
          ~~~Night 21 ( http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon ) ~~~

          "Setting out for my lover's house
          Carried by thoughts of love
          This winter's night
          I feel the cold river breeze
          As plovers cry." -Unknown, featured on a Momoyama period calligraphy scroll by Shokado Shojo

          "Omoikane
          Imogari yukeba
          Fuyu no yo no
          Kawakaze samumi
          Chidori nake nari" - Japanese version of the poem

          Plovers are associated with winter, and the loneliness that love can bring.

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 8, 2011
            I wish i had started saving them when you first started i would have almost a book by now to take with me on long journeys through out the known world, but I didnt think of it sooner. pout.

            Jeanel Walker aka Iolii or Takaatsu
            My Facebook Link =)My Deviant Art Page Link

            ________________________________
            A spring breeze rises up." - Yamabe no Akahito, one of the 36 Immortal Poets. His work was cited and recounted through the ages. A famous Momoyama period scroll featuring this poem was written by the famous calligrapher Shokado Shojo (1584-1639).

            Source: Japan's golden Age, Momoyama (http://www.amazon.com/Japans-Golden-Age-Momoyama-Publications/dp/0300068972 )

            PS - glad to know that you guys are enjoying these. Feedback is always welcome. If you have any specific requests or themes, please let me know. Only 8 more poems to go before I am done.

          • Jennifer Kobayashi
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 8, 2011
              >I wish i had started saving them when you first started...

              Fortunately for us all, they are automatically saved in the sca-jml list archives:

              -Ki no Izumi
            • Jeanel Walker
              Message 6 of 14 , Nov 8, 2011
                awesome!!! sugoi!!!!! domo artigato !!!! now onward to archives =)

                Jeanel Walker aka Iolii or Takaatsu
                My Facebook Link =)My Deviant Art Page Link

                >I wish i had started saving them when you first started...

                Fortunately for us all, they are automatically saved in the sca-jml list archives:

                -Ki no Izumi

              • LJonthebay
                Message 7 of 14 , Nov 8, 2011
                  --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Jeanel Walker <brytephyre@...> wrote:

                  > I wish i had started saving them when you first started i would have almost a book by now to take with me on long journeys through out the known world, but I didnt think of it sooner. pout.

                  Support your local bookseller!

                  Saionji no Hana, sometime poet, avid reader