Free airfare to Japan?

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2011
      Stories have hit the wires that Japan National Tourism is contemplating offering free roundtrip airline tickets to revitalize post-tsunami tourism. However, when I went to the JTNO website I found the following:

      "Thank you very much for your interest in visiting Japan and for your keen response towards the "JAPAN OFFERS 10,000 FREE FLIGHTS TO FOREIGNERS" news.

      Recently a number of media outlets have publicised articles about this, however it is subject to government budgetary approval,and no details have been decided yet.

      We appreciate your kind understanding."

      From http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/topics/2011/free_flights.html

      May be worth checking their website periodically to see if anything develops.

      Saionji no Hana