A lunar cycle of poems - project

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011
      Poetry is vital to Japanese culture.
      Poetry is vital to the soul.
      Poetry speaks to us and for us, so that we might be silent and reflect.

      And so...I present a humble project: a lunar cycle worth of poems. The poems I am collecting and presenting are already written works by famous Japanese poets in period. I will try and present the poem first in Japanese, and then in English when such is an option.

      ~~~Night 1, Hunter's Moon ( http://stardate.org/nightsky/moon ) ~~~
      "When the evening comes
      From the rice leaves at my gate
      Gentle knocks are heard;
      And, into my round rush-hut,
      Autumn's roaming breeze makes way." -By Tsunenobu (1016 - 1097ad), statesman, calligrapher, and musician. A rare poem that mixes sight and sound.

      "Yuzareba
      Kado-da no inaba
      Otozurete
      Ashi no maro-ya ni
      Aki kaze zi fuku" - Japanese version of the poem
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 2, 2011

        Greetings from Solveig! Please, if possible, remember to include who wrote each poem, when they lived, and the source you got the poem from.