Book Review: Medieval Japanese Textiles

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2011
      Tilte: (English translation) Medieval Japanese Textiles, (Japanese?) Senshoku : chusei hen
      Author: Unknown?
      Year Published: May 1988
      ISBN: Unknown due to most likely being written in Japanese
      Language: Japanese
      Pages: 94

      Periods: Heian to Momoyama? Unknown due to lack of english in the book.

      Subjects: Historical Japanese Attire

      My Thoughts: Tis book would be such a great resource, if only it were in english or translated. There is no english in this book at all, making it for a frustrating experience. At a glance I see many period textile examples including court wear and a heian ladies attire, I also see a stunning example of a Momoyama patchwork kimono that is very high fashion. There are a few color photos, and a few black and white ones. If someone could translate this book, it would be a great resource.

      Photos:
      http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3554/img3569800x600.jpg (cover)
      http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9397/img3570600x800.jpg
      http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/3101/img3571600x800.jpg