Re: Digital text recommendations?

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2011
      Reposting the following regarding UC Berkeley's Japanese Historical Text Initiative:

      I obtained a password just by asking. No fees, no requirement that users be affiliated with an academic institution.

      http://sunsite.berkeley.edu/jhti/ is operated by UC Berkeley. From their
      website: "The Japanese Historical Text Initiative (JHTI) is a rapidly expanding database made up of historical texts dating back more than 1200 years. The original version of every paragraph in every text is cross-tagged with its English translation, making it possible for any researcher to see, on the same screen, both the original and English translation of any word or phrase appearing in any JHTI text."

      Saionji no Hana, writing from a pilgrimage route....
    • rickj
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2011
        Can you send me your email so I can do this.
        gail bumped your messageas soon as the next one in the topic came through and the e-group won't give your address.