Cleveland Museum of Art Library - Rare books on Japanese culture and more

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2011
      Tomorrow I am spending the day at the Cleveland Museum of Art, in their library. This Museum houses the 3rd largest Art Library in the USA. Having gone through the catalog I have discovered a variety of rare and out of print books on Japanese Arts & History.

      Book topics I am researching tomorrow: Momoyama Japan, Tea Ceremony during the Momoyama period, Kosode (Momoyama to early Edo), Noh Theater, and early Kabuki.

      I am going to post reviews from the rare books I get my hands on. At this time my camera has died, and so at a later date I will have to return and get photo documentation of some of the rarer antique out of print books. All the same I will aim to provide detailed reviews and even some interesting quotes from each book in my reviews.

      That being said, if you have the chance to visit Cleveland you really should stop by the Art Museum and check out its VERY impressive Art Library.

      List of books and their reviews coming soon.

      Cleveland Art Museum Library: http://www.clevelandart.org/Ingalls%20Library%20and%20Archives.aspx

      Online library search: http://lib-aleph.clevelandart.org:8991/F/56L44XC4BBLXVMKNQSYGNIQS6TNFR2YXCRC165S41L6I4UP1HS-20201?&pds_handle=GUEST

      -Lady Kimiko, Canton of Hróðgeirsfjörðr, Midrealm