Where will you be 7 Jan 2012?

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 29, 2011
      (Cross-posted to Tousando):

      To all and sundry--praise to their Majesties, Rolf and Aurora, King
      and Queen of the West, who have, this weekend, invited our very own
      Saionji no Hana to become a member of the Order of the Laurel, and she
      is to be elevated at West Kingdom Twelfth Night (scheduled for 7
      January 2012).

      Site isn't nailed down, but I've heard rumors that it may be at the
      Concord Hilton (SF?).

      Congratulations on a well-deserved elevation! Let's see how many
      people we can get to this event

      -Ii
    • Deb Strub
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 29, 2011
        I'll be at An Tir's 12th Night.

        Congratulations!

        YIS,

        Tsuruko

        To all and sundry--praise to their Majesties, Rolf and Aurora, King
        and Queen of the West, who have, this weekend, invited our very own
        Saionji no Hana to become a member of the Order of the Laurel, and she
        is to be elevated at West Kingdom Twelfth Night (scheduled for 7
        January 2012).

        Site isn't nailed down, but I've heard rumors that it may be at the
        Concord Hilton (SF?).

        Congratulations on a well-deserved elevation! Let's see how many
        people we can get to this event

      • Jennifer Kobayashi
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 29, 2011
          WhoooHooo!!

          I mean, Omedatou Saionji-hime!

          -Ki no Izumi/Gwendolyn/Jennifer

          >________________________________

        • Jennifer Kobayashi
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 29, 2011
            That's Omedetou Saionji-hime - so excited I can't type!

            -Jennifer

            >________________________________

          • LJonthebay
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
              --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

              > (Cross-posted to Tousando):
              >
              > To all and sundry--praise to their Majesties, Rolf and Aurora, King
              > and Queen of the West, who have, this weekend, invited our very own
              > Saionji no Hana to become a member of the Order of the Laurel, and she
              > is to be elevated at West Kingdom Twelfth Night (scheduled for 7
              > January 2012).
              >
              > Site isn't nailed down, but I've heard rumors that it may be at the
              > Concord Hilton (SF?).
              >
              > Congratulations on a well-deserved elevation! Let's see how many
              > people we can get to this event

              Thank you all for the well wishes. I'm still processing the information (which is rather surreal with a fever). I do know this: it wouldn't ever have happened without all of you. We are all students, we are all teachers.

              As soon I have confirmation of the location and other event info, I will post it.

              (Assuming it IS the Concord Hilton, Oakland International Airport is closest. Both Oakland and San Francisco Airports are served by BART and the hotel has a complimentary shuttle to and from the Concord BART station.)

              Saionji no Hana, still a bit gobsmacked
            • Leanne Opaskar
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
                Omedetou, Saionji-hime! Wonderful news! (:

                --Sou Haruko

                On Aug 29, 2011, at 10:20 PM, JL Badgley wrote:

                > (Cross-posted to Tousando):
                >
                > To all and sundry--praise to their Majesties, Rolf and Aurora, King
                > and Queen of the West, who have, this weekend, invited our very own
                > Saionji no Hana to become a member of the Order of the Laurel, and she
                > is to be elevated at West Kingdom Twelfth Night (scheduled for 7
                > January 2012).
                >
                > Site isn't nailed down, but I've heard rumors that it may be at the
                > Concord Hilton (SF?).
                >
                > Congratulations on a well-deserved elevation! Let's see how many
                > people we can get to this event
                >
                > -Ii

              • danabren
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
                  > To all and sundry--praise to their Majesties, Rolf and Aurora, King
                  > and Queen of the West, who have, this weekend, invited our very own
                  > Saionji no Hana to become a member of the Order of the Laurel, and she
                  > is to be elevated at West Kingdom Twelfth Night (scheduled for 7
                  > January 2012).

                  I can't say as if I can make it across the country, but I will be looking into fares anyway!

                  This makes me so very very happy :)

                  Soga/Danabren
                • sugawara_naeme
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
                    Omedetou Saionji-hime! I know many have seen you as a Laurel for quite some time now. Very well deserved!

                    Sugawara no Naeme

                    --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, JL Badgley <tatsushu@...> wrote:

                    > (Cross-posted to Tousando):
                    >
                    > To all and sundry--praise to their Majesties, Rolf and Aurora, King
                    > and Queen of the West, who have, this weekend, invited our very own
                    > Saionji no Hana to become a member of the Order of the Laurel, and she
                    > is to be elevated at West Kingdom Twelfth Night (scheduled for 7
                    > January 2012).
                    >
                    > Site isn't nailed down, but I've heard rumors that it may be at the
                    > Concord Hilton (SF?).
                    >
                    > Congratulations on a well-deserved elevation! Let's see how many
                    > people we can get to this event
                    >
                    > -Ii

                  • Dana Kramer-Rolls
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
                      I was lucky to be there when King Rolf and Queen Aurora dropped into the
                      sunshade, and casually asked Saionji no Hana, as an academic question, mind
                      you, what a formal Japanese vigil would look like! Then he sprung it on her
                      that he just happened to be talking about her vigil, and the grin on his
                      face was priceless. Very soon after the royals had moved on, there
                      commenced a long conversation about garb! I am thrilled. For those who
                      don't know, I have had an interest in Japanese culture, and a particular
                      presentation that I made, decades ago, and the only one I ever did in the
                      SCA, is still a subject of some wonder and amusement. So thank you, Saionji
                      no Hana Sama, for renewing my interest. And let me know what I can do to
                      help for the momentous occasion.

                      Viscountess Sir Maythen

                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
                        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "Dana Kramer-Rolls" <danadkr@...> wrote:
                        > Then he sprung it on her that he just happened to be talking about her vigil, and the grin on his face was priceless.

                        Your Excellency, you know full well that a 10.0 cheesy grin comes standard on a Rolf. I'm delighted you were there.

                        For those who do not know, Her Excellency is one of our Kingdom's pillars in the Cradle of SCA Civilization. A couple years back, she and another friend did a house-and-closet purge of some note and a number of items fell into the "It's Japanese, give it to Jehanne" category, ranging from some vintage kimono and other clothing to a 2' high inflatable Gojira. Sadly I had to find good homes for much of the clothing as we are not even close to similar size, but I do still have Gojira.

                        Saionji no Hana
                        West Kingdom
                      • Dana Kramer-Rolls
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
                          Hot dog, you still have Gojira. The clothes were too small for me by then,
                          although they weren't when I got them. Oh, well. Thank you for the kind
                          words and general introduction to the rest of the list.

                          Maythen

                          > Then he sprung it on her that he just happened to be talking about her
                          vigil, and the grin on his face was priceless.

                          Your Excellency, you know full well that a 10.0 cheesy grin comes standard
                          on a Rolf. I'm delighted you were there.

                          For those who do not know, Her Excellency is one of our Kingdom's pillars in
                          the Cradle of SCA Civilization. A couple years back, she and another friend
                          did a house-and-closet purge of some note and a number of items fell into
                          the "It's Japanese, give it to Jehanne" category, ranging from some vintage
                          kimono and other clothing to a 2' high inflatable Gojira. Sadly I had to
                          find good homes for much of the clothing as we are not even close to similar
                          size, but I do still have Gojira.

                          Saionji no Hana

                        • Anthony Bryant
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
                            On Aug 30, 2011, at 1:20 AM, JL Badgley wrote:

                            > (Cross-posted to Tousando):
                            >
                            > To all and sundry--praise to their Majesties, Rolf and Aurora, King
                            > and Queen of the West, who have, this weekend, invited our very own
                            > Saionji no Hana to become a member of the Order of the Laurel, and she
                            > is to be elevated at West Kingdom Twelfth Night (scheduled for 7
                            > January 2012).
                            >
                            > Site isn't nailed down, but I've heard rumors that it may be at the
                            > Concord Hilton (SF?).
                            >
                            > Congratulations on a well-deserved elevation! Let's see how many
                            > people we can get to this event

                            Hot ducking FAM!

                            Major wooting all around!

                            (I first read that as "SHE isn't nailed down" -- oy...)

                            Well done!

                            Effingwooting
                          • mazelle attiya
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 30, 2011
                              Congratulations!

                              Alysia

                              >To all and sundry--praise to their Majesties, Rolf and Aurora, King
                              >and Queen of the West, who have, this weekend, invited our very own
                              >Saionji no Hana to become a member of the Order of the Laurel, and she
                              >is to be elevated at West Kingdom Twelfth Night (scheduled for 7
                              >January 2012).
                              >
                              >Site isn't nailed down, but I've heard rumors that it may be at the
                              >Concord Hilton (SF?).
                              >
                              >Congratulations on a well-deserved elevation! Let's see how many
                              >people we can get to this event
                              >
                              >-Ii

                            • LJonthebay
                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 9, 2011
                                Cross-post from SCA-West:

                                QUOTE:
                                The 12th Night celebration will be held at the Concord Hilton Hotel, January 6-8 2012. This note is preliminary information for tickets and hotel reservations.

                                Tickets will be available for sale at [West Kingdom ]October Crown in the Villa Luna sunshade. We will be selling tickets at most events through the end of the year.

                                Acceps has not yet been set up â€" will announce when ready.*

                                Site fee: $15 adults, $10 for ages 13-17, under 13 are free. Family cap of $40. NMS fee: $5.

                                Make checks payable to "SCA, Inc. â€" Kingdom of the West"

                                Hotel rooms can be reserved online here. Note that if you call, the group code is CAS (SCA was not available.)

                                http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/perso....ml?WT.mc_id=POG

                                The group rate is $99 per night.

                                Group Name: SCA - Kingdom of the West 12th Night
                                Group Code: CAS
                                Hotel Name: Hilton Concord

                                Hotel Address:
                                1970 Diamond Blvd
                                Concord, California
                                94520-5718

                                Phone Number: 925.349.2616 or 925.827.2000

                                Local information can be found on the hotel website:
                                http://www.concordhilton.com/index.asp END QUOTE

                                *********
                                *I'll post the ACCEPS event ticket link when that's ready, as well as any additional pertinent event information.

                                Concord is approximately 30 miles from Oakland International Airport and 40 miles from San Francisco International Airport. BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) serves both airports and the hotel offers a free shuttle to and from the Concord BART station. Schedules and routes can be found at http://www.bart.gov/

                                I realize it may not be logistically feasible for folks to travel for the festivities, but you folks are the reason this is happening.

                                Saionji no Hana
                                West Kingdom
                              • LJonthebay
                                Message 15 of 15 , Dec 23, 2011
                                  The House of Cheerful Monkeys wishes to return the hospitality of the people of the West and invites all to view the Winter Moon Upon The Snow. At the order of their Dread and Barbaric Majesties, Saionji no Hana has been contemplating elevation to the Order of the Laurel for four lunar cycles. If she's not ready by now, she'll never be!

                                  Come celebrate, enjoy the delights of Nihon, meet some of Saionji-hime's
                                  out-of-kingdom visitors, make an offering upon the wishing tree. Friday night, January 6, 8 PM, room number to be announced.

                                  (Break's over, Monkeys! Back to sewing.)

                                  The Management
                                  Additional event information is at
                                  http://inthewest.org/wiki/2012_Twelfth_Night_Coronation