Re: [SCA-JML] need help

  • Jim Bryant
    Message 1 of 33 , Aug 14, 2011
      I am in the Shire of Vulpine Reach, Kingdom of Meridies (Chattanooga, TN)

      From: Jim <kiltedviking74@...>
      Subject: [SCA-JML] need help
      To: sca-jml@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, 14 August, 2011, 15:51

      Wanting to start into a Japanese persona. I have looked at most of the links here. Now, where do I start??

    • LJonthebay
      Message 33 of 33 , Jul 12 10:02 AM
        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, Ishiyama Gen'tarou Yori'ie <ishiyama@...> wrote:
        > What about the hitoe? The Mitsuo Kure "red book" shows a Kamakura
        > era daimon hitatare with two under-layers of hitoe that only come
        > down to mid-thigh. I know the text of this book is riddled with
        > errors, so I'm never quite sure what to think.

        IIRC, that garment might be hiked up to that length and held in place with himo, but I'd have to go look at the picture again.

        Seconding Andy's comment - the photos are useful, the translation and complete lack of bibliography are profoundly unhappy making.

        Saionji Shonagon