RE: Question about Potboiler Press

  • Erin Kelly
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2011
      Potboiler is a cottage industry - I'm sure the proprietor can reassure
      you, fix the problem, or offer an alternate payment method. If he's
      not at Pennsic.

      I've ordered from them with no problem (don't remember any oddness
      with the website at the time, but it was a year ago), and I've never
      heard of anyone having issues with them.

      (I think there was a time several years ago when the business was
      minimally responsive for a period of time - likely a "real life
      intruding" issue, not atypical for SCA-related businesses. They
      recovered from it well and have been fine since, so I don't count that
      against them.)

      ERIN
    • danabren
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2011
        Alban of Potboiler Press states:

        "The website seems to have developed problems with the security certificate (the, ummm, SSL thing?) I thought I'd renewed it last week, but apparently it hasn't taken, and two people have written in to say they won't place any orders until it's up and running again. Oh, foo. And a darn, too."

        Soga/Danabren
      • hexslinger
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 6, 2011
          Yep, one of those was me. I had an identity theft problem several years ago because of an online purchase, and it was a real hassle, so I've made a point of trying to be extra-careful. Alban contacted me about it already and let me know that was what war going on.

          Hope he gets things straightened out soon. ^_^ Thanks for the vouching-for-him, folks.

          ==Leanne