Tea ceremony presentations, Asian Art Museum SF

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2011
      Since Solveig-sensei mentioned tea, it occurred to me to mention that San Francisco's Asian Art Museum offers tea ceremony demonstrations by several schools to the general public and I have a free Saturday for the first time in AGES. This Saturday's programs (at 1:00 and 2:30 PM) will be presented by the Mushanokojisenke school, which should be quite interesting as it is less well known than the Urasenke and Omotosenke schools, at least in the US. I will try to make a full report on my impressions.

      http://www.asianart.org/teaceremony.htm

      Bay Area peeps, I can get one other person in with me at the member price. If interested, get in touch with me ASAP and I will order tickets. My email is wodeford AT yahoo DOT com

      Saionji no Hana