Re: Chikubushima - art, book, thoughts?

  • art_fetish
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 1, 2011
      Alas, my local, county and state library system is lacking. I actually own a private collection larger then the state library system had.

      That being said, I will check for the book but I doubt they have it. I just purchased a new book for the collection and to use as reference material for an article I am writing about the Momoyama period for the Midrealms 'The Pale' publication. More reviews and photos soon.
      -Kimiko

      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, James Eckman <ronin_engineer@...> wrote:

      > > Posted by: "art_fetish"
      > >
      > > I'll wait a few days. If by July 15th no one has spoken up about this book I will purchase it and write a review with SCA period in mind.
      > > -Kimiko
      > Art Bulletin, Jun 01, 2005 has a fairly long review of it, it sounds
      > good. You can probably find this online thru a local library. I ordered
      > it thru inter-library loan, thanks for the suggestion!
      >
      > Jim

    • James Eckman
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 2, 2011
        > Posted by: "art_fetish"
        >
        > Alas, my local, county and state library system is lacking. I actually own a private collection larger then the state library system had.
        How about the colleges? I have been in that situation in the past, one
        library near me was pretty much a BYOB library.

        Jim
      • scott_rekishika
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 3, 2011
          I am sorry to say I cannot help much in this. I own the book, but have not yet gotten around to reading it in detail. When it first came I did skim through it. It looks interesting to anyone interested in Japanese art history, Azuchi-Momoyama period, Nobunaga and Hideyoshi, and other related subjects. If you are very interested in the Azuchi-Momoyama period I suggest that you get it even though I have not read it in detail yet. If it is a time period that you really like than I think any information about it will help your understanding of the period. Just my opinion though.