Re: Chikubushima - art, book, thoughts?

  • James Eckman
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 30, 2011
      > Posted by: "art_fetish"
      >
      > I'll wait a few days. If by July 15th no one has spoken up about this book I will purchase it and write a review with SCA period in mind.
      > -Kimiko
      Art Bulletin, Jun 01, 2005 has a fairly long review of it, it sounds
      good. You can probably find this online thru a local library. I ordered
      it thru inter-library loan, thanks for the suggestion!

      Jim
    • art_fetish
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 1 2:08 PM
        Alas, my local, county and state library system is lacking. I actually own a private collection larger then the state library system had.

        That being said, I will check for the book but I doubt they have it. I just purchased a new book for the collection and to use as reference material for an article I am writing about the Momoyama period for the Midrealms 'The Pale' publication. More reviews and photos soon.
        -Kimiko

        --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, James Eckman <ronin_engineer@...> wrote:

        > > Posted by: "art_fetish"
        > >
        > > I'll wait a few days. If by July 15th no one has spoken up about this book I will purchase it and write a review with SCA period in mind.
        > > -Kimiko
        > Art Bulletin, Jun 01, 2005 has a fairly long review of it, it sounds
        > good. You can probably find this online thru a local library. I ordered
        > it thru inter-library loan, thanks for the suggestion!
        >
        > Jim

      • James Eckman
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 2 7:34 AM
          > Posted by: "art_fetish"
          >
          > Alas, my local, county and state library system is lacking. I actually own a private collection larger then the state library system had.
          How about the colleges? I have been in that situation in the past, one
          library near me was pretty much a BYOB library.

          Jim
        • scott_rekishika
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 3 6:27 AM
            I am sorry to say I cannot help much in this. I own the book, but have not yet gotten around to reading it in detail. When it first came I did skim through it. It looks interesting to anyone interested in Japanese art history, Azuchi-Momoyama period, Nobunaga and Hideyoshi, and other related subjects. If you are very interested in the Azuchi-Momoyama period I suggest that you get it even though I have not read it in detail yet. If it is a time period that you really like than I think any information about it will help your understanding of the period. Just my opinion though.