Re: Suggested research and reading for ...the founding & founder of kabuki?

  • LJonthebay
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 12, 2011
      --- In sca-jml@yahoogroups.com, "art_fetish" <art_fetish@...> wrote:

      > That being said, I am struggling to find information about these women. Does anyone have suggested resources? I have some photos from recent festivals that shows modern actors playing the part. The costumes are very inciting to me, and the prospects of learning their dances and performances really exciting. Their fashion and attire is very much early edo / late momoyama.

      The "Okuni" screen is in the Kyoto National Museum's online database:
      http://www.kyohaku.go.jp/cgi-bin/liste.cgi?gazo_no=1&mz_synm=0000000238&kuni=Japan:Momoyama&limit_no=0

      Other than that, it falls into the "Crap, Edo," category, which means i haven't really focused on it.

      Saionji no Hana, Kamakura kuge type,