Re: [SCA-JML] Hoeki no ho construction

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31 6:45 AM
      On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 6:22 PM, Mazelle Attiya <attiyam@...> wrote:
      > Yes I was talking about the okumi. Thank you! The information you provided
      > has helped me tremendously. What exactly is the pouch in the back of the
      > garment used for?  Is there a standard depth for this?

      I have no details on what the pouch is for, exactly, but it is
      important. The way it is sewn, the belt should actually be slightly
      or fully covered in back, as I recall (this would depend on what
      school you were going with). I have one book on this that seems to
      suggest the purpose was originally to help get the "pigeon-breasted"
      look by taking up the extra in the back, making the back of the
      garment shorter than the front.

      I'm looking for more info, but not finding it at the moment.