Re: Pennsic 40 classes

  • tsukime_medb
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 22, 2011
      I would love both a class on common phrases for personae and one on history of the language (and it's relations to other Asian languages), but I was a linguistics major back in the day, so that may be less of what others might find interesting. ;-)

      Tsuki

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 22, 2011
        Ii dono!

        Greetings from Solveig!
        > Regarding Japanese language: What would you want to see? Obviously, in a 1
        > hour (or even 2 hour) class we aren't likely to get very deep into the
        > language. History of the language? Japanese linguistics overview? Or more
        > along the lines of common phrases for your persona?
        My guess is that basic phonology followed by a few useful phrases and perhaps a look at titles and honorifics would easily fill two hours.

      • Jennifer Kobayashi
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 23, 2011
          Concerning Japanese Language classes:

          I know this is a very narrow and specific request, but personally I have a fair
          amount of Japanese period music with transliterations that I would like to know
          how to pronounce. I realize that's probably too specific for a class, but you
          did ask. Maybe others want to know how to pronounce transliterations as well.
          Would that be covered by the basic phonology?

          Common phrases for your persona as well as titles and honorifics would also be
          fun.

          -Ki no Izumi

          Message 4 of 10 , May 4, 2011

            On Mar 23, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Jennifer Kobayashi wrote:

            > I know this is a very narrow and specific request, but personally I have a fair
            > amount of Japanese period music with transliterations that I would like to know
            > how to pronounce.

            Greetings from Solveig! If you look me up at Pennsic, I can try to help decode those books you have.