Re: [SCA-JML] Re: Pennsic 40 classes

  • JL Badgley
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 22, 2011
      On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 7:53 AM, tsukime_medb <heidilyn999@...> wrote:

      > My interests for classes from others include: Japanese gardening,
      > painting/calligraphy, and the Japanese language.
      >
      > Hoping to see you all there!
      > Tsukime

      Regarding Japanese language: What would you want to see? Obviously, in a 1
      hour (or even 2 hour) class we aren't likely to get very deep into the
      language. History of the language? Japanese linguistics overview? Or more
      along the lines of common phrases for your persona?

    • tsukime_medb
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 22, 2011
        I would love both a class on common phrases for personae and one on history of the language (and it's relations to other Asian languages), but I was a linguistics major back in the day, so that may be less of what others might find interesting. ;-)

        Tsuki

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 22, 2011
          Ii dono!

          Greetings from Solveig!
          > Regarding Japanese language: What would you want to see? Obviously, in a 1
          > hour (or even 2 hour) class we aren't likely to get very deep into the
          > language. History of the language? Japanese linguistics overview? Or more
          > along the lines of common phrases for your persona?
          My guess is that basic phonology followed by a few useful phrases and perhaps a look at titles and honorifics would easily fill two hours.

        • Jennifer Kobayashi
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 23, 2011
            Concerning Japanese Language classes:

            I know this is a very narrow and specific request, but personally I have a fair
            amount of Japanese period music with transliterations that I would like to know
            how to pronounce. I realize that's probably too specific for a class, but you
            did ask. Maybe others want to know how to pronounce transliterations as well.
            Would that be covered by the basic phonology?

            Common phrases for your persona as well as titles and honorifics would also be
            fun.

            -Ki no Izumi

            Message 5 of 10 , May 4, 2011

              On Mar 23, 2011, at 12:41 PM, Jennifer Kobayashi wrote:

              > I know this is a very narrow and specific request, but personally I have a fair
              > amount of Japanese period music with transliterations that I would like to know
              > how to pronounce.

              Greetings from Solveig! If you look me up at Pennsic, I can try to help decode those books you have.